Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hard-boiled Eggs

I don't have a lot to say today. I'm in a bit of a state of confusion. I understand, yet I don't.

Out of 10 perfect little embies that made it to blast, ZERO made it to freeze. They were young and were so close to making it, but didn't.
Then I think, if we had done a 3 day transfer, how many would we have frozen? Can I put myself through an egg retrieval again (if need be) after the hard time I had this time?

I am still praying my embies stick and I'll get that positive from the doctor on the 14th but for today...I am a bit heartbroken.

10 comments:

murphyec said...

None?! I don't know how that is possible. Especially considering how great the Dr said the ones he transfered were. I am so sorry!

Isha said...

Oh sweetie. I am so sorry. I understand your emotions.
That being said, I still have a REALLY great feeling!!!!!!

Sally said...

Ugh .. it is just so unfair that none made it. :( Try to stay strong & hold onto some faith that the 2 embies are sticking & growing... thinking of you!!!

Unknown said...

I know nothing about freezing - but that just sucks. I'll keep some body parts crossed that you won't have to do another ER anytime soon!

SweetPea said...

I'm so sorry. That's horrible that none of them made it. :( Just remember you've got 2 perfect embies hanging out and sticking in you right now!!!! Think positive thoughts for them!

Me said...

That's surprising. Just out of curiosity, id they give you the grades of the embies that didn't "make it"?

In any case, hopefully you won't need them.

Addy said...

Me- they didn't. She said they were young but they were so very close to making it to freeze. They just missed the extensive criteria they use for freezing. She said she couldn't tell me anymore at this point.

Unknown said...

:( i'm sorry hon.

May T said...

:( Kisses love. Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Poeia said...

I am sorry chica. But I am sending god juju up to the north for your ute and the embies.