Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fert. report aka my heart in my throat

So I completely blanked on my progesterone this morning. I am still in quite a bit of pain from yesterday and for some bizarre reason I lost my voice last night. I woke up about once an hour to pee and keep up with fluids. (This was not intentional, I have no idea why I can't sleep.) I took another nap this morning and completely forgot about my progesterone. I am very lucky that my RE put me on once a day Crinone. For those of you who have never thought about progesterone, typically it is taken in what is referred to as "PIO." Progesterone in oil, given intramuscular. Essentially a big ass needle jabbed into your ass. I can only imagine that is a huge OUCH. The ones of you that are taking this- you are SAINTS. Really, I am in awe of you. I am taking Crinone which is a once a day vaginal suppository. It also comes with an applicator so I don't have to shove it up there all on my lonesome.

I took it at 1:30 and called the nurses line praying this was okay. I never said I was the most rational person in the world so I was terrified they would cancel my ET. I was told in a stern voice that a nurse would call me back.
::pees pants::

I call the embryologist in the mean time.
She tells me that out of the 15 follicles they retrieved, 13 were viable (2 were empty).
They were able to ICSI 12 of them. (Whoot for Chris' sperm. How many times in your life do you think you'll say that one?)
11 of them fertilized.
I take a beat and ask her, "11? Is that good?"
She answers back, "That's GREAT."
::faints::

Oh thank you Lord. As anxiety ridden as I am about spilled milk, I have been eerily calm since the ER. Maybe it's the Percocet. Maybe it's my inner being taking over and blocking me from my thoughts so that I may function. Who knows.
I do know I have been praying constantly. Every show on tv has been about IF or babies or miscarriage or birth and it's driving me nuts. Whenever I see this, I pray. I shoot up just a quick little, "Dear Lord..." and pray for good, mature embies that will lead to a healthy pregnancy, a healthy birth and a healthy baby/babies. I must do it 15 times a day. I don't even notice I do it anymore.
God has blessed us with at least the 1st step. We have a plethora of fertilized embies. Now we need them to mature and make it to the ET and the rest to freeze.

The nurse finally called back. She said it was not a problem but to try to take it in the morning starting tomorrow and to try to be consistent. I said, "Oh thank goodness, I was afraid you were going to cancel my cycle". She said, "Oh honey no, we're going to see you here on Friday!"

Your e-hugs, thoughts, prayers, good wishes and vibes have helped Chris and I immensely. I tell him when all "the girls" say things and he always says, "They really are amazing women, aren't they?" We cannot thank you enough.

I have to call tomorrow and get the report of how they did overnight. I'll let you all know tomorrow what the future holds.

xo.

5 comments:

Isha said...

*dancing like a crazy person* I am just SO EXCITED! There couldn't be better news than this right now. I am thinking of you always and keeping everything crossed!!! <3

Callie said...

11! That is awesome!!!

sulfababy said...

WOWZERS, that is amazing. :) So many embies! I'm praying for you too. ;)

SweetPea said...

Damn you Addy for making me cry so dang early in the morning! I'm so thrilled for you. Little OP is just hanging out in that bunch of embies waiting to make his way into your ute!!!! I couldn't be happier for you and Chris!

Schwandy said...

Hugs to you and your DH! This is a huge step for you both and I am thinking of you everyday and sending good thoughts your way!