Thursday, October 1, 2009

Egg Whisperer

Yesterday I had 12 ICSI'd and 11 fertilized.

The last one decided to stop slacking off, so now we have 12. Clearly that one isn't a front runner for my lady bits, but it's still good nonetheless.
The majority of them are 4 cells but we do have some 5 cells.

They recommend instead of the 3 day transfer we do a 5 day blast! Blastocysts have a MUCH higher percentage of success. (It's something crazy like instead of 41% it's 78%.)

I have had severe paranoia of OHSS. Yesterday I was very sick, battling a headache, nausea and abdominal pain. 2am- bam, vomiting. Once I threw up and went to sleep, I woke up a new woman! I still have stomach pain but it's turn a little more into cramping other than the stabbing pains I've had. I'm eating salty sunflower seeds and drinking Powerade like it's going out of style.

I have to call tomorrow to get the fert. update and then Saturday they will call me and tell me what time to be there Sunday! Tomorrow I'll update here and not on the boards because I feel bad updating there. I feel like people are over hearing about my married spot and I don't want them to have to hear about it if they don't want to. (This doesn't hurt my e-feelings or anything so it's all good.)

xo.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Congrats on teh fert report & the 5 day!!! Wishing you the best & will be following! :)

SweetPea said...

As always, so freaking excited for you! I can't wait until Sunday!

sulfababy said...

That is such great news! :)