Monday, September 7, 2009

I look like a junkie

If you do not know about our IF, please do not come over. I look like a junkie between the vials and needles. We had Verizon FiOS installed this week. Poor installation man looked like he was ready to call the methadone clinic for me.
Here's my cocktail.

We start with this:
Lupron 10ccs sc
 
Then after my bloodwork and ultrasound and a few more days of Lupron at 5ccs we'll go to this:
Once I get the big call, this will follow: 
(HCG shot sc)
The big needle is for mixing then I will switch to the small needle. (Thank God)
We'll have the Egg Retrieval then wait for the call about the embies. After the Egg Transfer I will start this:
Progesterone supplements











So there is the September-October plan. A huge part of me is just positive about this whole situation. Guilt and anxiety sneak up on me and let me know that there is a chance it won't work and we'll be back to square one. Chris is talking as if I'm already pregnant. I've tried to explain to him this is only about a 30% success rate but he won't be deferred.
Someone come hold me please.
We also added a few more names to our ever growing list of baby names (see right.) It's what we do, no matter how corny it is. We talk about baby names and for that little while we have never-ending hope.
To those of you who have thumbed-up Optymus Pryme...you are not helping my cause regardless of how funny you think it is. Chris thinks he is JUSTIFIED with that name now. ;)
xo.

6 comments:

sulfababy said...

Thank God for husbands and their positivity! Your positive outlook actually comes out in the way you write as well. That's a lot of freaking drugs! :) Good luck.

Addy said...

Are you kidding? From your list I'm already in pain. I will mentally hold your hand as you dive in, I promise!!

10yearstogether said...

Hey there. Just wanted to wish you a lot of luck with all of this. I've had a number of friends go through this process and I'm wishing you a lot of strength and hope.

Unknown said...

ahhhh- needles :)

SweetPea said...

That is a lot of f*cking needles! But it will all be worth it when you are holding little OP! Tell Chris I think it's an excelent name!!!

Addy said...

You would SP! lol