Monday, August 10, 2009

My way

This has been a pretty crazy few months. As you can see I revamped the blog, in hopes I'll make more of a contribution to it. I know once we start IVF, I'll be updating much more. Speaking of IVF, as long as the insurance paperwork goes through, I will start Lupron injections the last week of the month. That's 2 weeks! Squeeeeeee! My shoulder is not so much of a squee. The insurance company is raking me over the coals and my shoulder is not better at all. The orthopedic surgeon is not optimistic. I hate that this situation has even happened, I cannot stand not being able to drive or having to live on ice packs and Tylenol. I have made a revelation though, no matter what people say about me or what direction this takes us in, I shall remain positive and keep my eye on the goal. Getting my shoulder repaired is numero uno in my book. I refuse to allow myself to be wracked with anxiety every time we have a set back in this goal, which unfortunately is quite a bit. I'm happy to say I haven't taken a Xanax or Ativan in weeks. I know I have no say anymore about what the insurance company will say, what my doctor says or how my shoulder feels so until then I will concentrate on the things I CAN control. I can control my RE visits and starting injections. I simply cannot fathom that I could be pregnant in the near future. It has been such a long, hard road that it's hard to comprehend. I did say that I would talk a little about my power cord. This cord is my nemisis. Out of the blue, it's stopped working. We screw with it, yet nothing. Before you know it, one of us messes with it, and it works for weeks. Last night it was working fine, I walked into the kitchen, walked back to the laptop and the cord had died. I tried everything but could not make it work. I woke up this morning and still nothing. I went to the store with my mom and we had no sooner left the driveway when Chris texted me, telling me he had fixed the power cord. I asked him how he possibly could have fixed it. His answer? "Because I'm good like that." I told him he should tell me so if it happens again, I could fix it. Apparently this is not the case and you must possess a penis to fix a power cord. He would not give up his secrets. Ass.

2 comments:

SweetPea said...

I might just pee my pants. I wish you the best of luck! That would be wicked crazy if you got KU on your first IVF cycle. Kisses to my favorite Bostonite.

Isha said...

I have gone through like 18 power cords in my computer's life. I'm like kryptonite to them.