Thursday, August 20, 2009

Med alert!

I got the call from the IVF coordinator and she gave me my schedule. I will start 10 units of Lupron on September 2nd. Then we'll have the baseline u/s and b/w on September 15th. I'll go to Gonal-F then. There will also be HCG and progesterone supplements. I will receive my meds September 1st. If all goes to plan I will have my ET on September 29 (clearly tentative.) So this is all REALLY happening. It's terrifying yet exciting. It's odd how anxious yet calm I am about the whole thing. Calm isn't the right word. Numb is better. I've seen so many amazing women have to go through cycle after cycle of this and it just makes you numb. As optomistic as I want to be, part of me is choosing to cut myself off to the emotions so I can't get AS hurt if it doesn't work out. (Don't think I'm strictly a pessimist. I'm just being cautious.) To show what an optomist I can be, I even made a baby names list (look to the right) so if you want to vote you can. It's the way Chris and I have been able to discuss a future baby without discussing the IVF and MFI and settling on that. I feel like life is a like a Klondike bar right now. It's either yummy deliciousness that has a crunchy outside and nice cold center, OR it's mushy and melted. Gets stuck to your fingers and gets chocolate everywhere ruining your clothes which then leads to having to do laundry. I'm doing my best to make every day a great Klondike minus the calories because Lord knows my ass doesn't need another calorie.

5 comments:

Schwandy said...

Congrats! I am soo happy things are moving along. I really am wishing for a perfect cycle for you. c

SweetPea said...

Reading this made me cry. You are actually doing it!!! It might not work the first time but the fact is, you are doing it!!!! Oh and I love some of the names. Please please name your baby girl Brooklyn! Best name ever!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm so happy you are moving forward :)

sulfababy said...

This is so exciting! Yayy! Looks like we'll be going through the same things around the same times.

May T said...

OMG I'm so stoked for you!!! YAY!!!