You may not know this about me. I try to keep it on the DL. But I will share my secret with you...I can BAKE!I started with this. Normally I like to bake from scratch but for a 4 layer cake on a day when I was lazy, I used boxed. It took 2 boxes, even though one is shown here.See that mixer? That's my $10 Wal-mart mixer that came with a case. If anyone has a spare pretty pink KitchenAid stand mixer...give me your address, I'll come pick it up.Then I ended up with 4 of these.Then I got 4 of these.See this big white counter you keep seeing? Not a counter. That's my 50 year old stove. It's the only counter space I have until we begin the kitchen renovation.I cut the tops off the 4 cakes to make them even. Cream cheese frosting ensued.This is the spoon swirly method I tried to copy off a Martha Stewart show.I also made a Strawberry Trifle I'll fill you in on tomorrow. Chris took some to work with him so he'll tell me if it's any good. I'm a little bizarre that way. I bake for hours and hours - then I don't eat any of it! It's just not my thing. If I make a big super duper dinner, I am not even hungry by the time it's done.Tomorrow I am trying Banana Daiquiri Cupcakes. It's from a recipe I found online but I'm switching a few things around.This is what I'll start with.It's been a long time since I've made cupcakes. We'll have to see how it goes!
i was going to smack you when you said "i could bake" and i saw a boxed cake mix in the picture. but then you explained yourself & all is well. ::side eye::
i was please to see the Soft as Silk cake flour- that stuff is theee best!
This is a tale about a smart mouthed Boston girl, who swears more than her mother likes (minus her Rs of course) and a husband who has more patience for his wife than he should. She has a beer-logged devotion to the Red Sox and an arrest-able obsession with Stephen Lynch. The husband would rather play X-Box than eat.
Oh yeah, they are also trying to have a baby with needles, dildo cams and prayers along the way.
1 comment:
i was going to smack you when you said "i could bake" and i saw a boxed cake mix in the picture. but then you explained yourself & all is well. ::side eye::
i was please to see the Soft as Silk cake flour- that stuff is theee best!
Post a Comment