If you know me then you know my deep, utter love for my dog. NeNe is my equivalent of a canine soul mate. If anything ever happened to that little dog, I don't know what I would do with myself.Well, yesterday afternoon my uncle came over. See my uncle is 6'4 and NeNe is 1 foot tall. Poor NeNe is terrified of him. When he came in, NeNe jumped out of my hands and ran into his house. Between where I was standing and his house is a large metal grate for an in the floor heater. He caught his little paw on one of the grates. I cannot explain to you how much blood came out of my little NeNeDawg. He seemed to have stopped the bleeding by himself so we left him alone. (NOT my idea) He whined that he wanted to go outside so my dad and I bandaged up his foot. We put gauze all around it, cut the thumb off a rubber glove and slipped that one it and taped it to the high heavens. By the time he came back in the house, the glove was a quarter full of liquid blood.We rushed him right to the Animal Hospital. Unfortunately on the way all that blood he had licked had to come back up. ALL OVER MY DAD. Thankfully- not on me. I would have thrown up with him.We get to the hospital and they take him right in. Long story short- I had to go back 6 hours later and get him. They had to sedate him and remove his entire nail (all the way into the nail bed.) He was so stoned when I picked him up he was almost catatonic. His little tongue was sticking out and his eyes were half-mast. Chris came with me to get him and thankfully he drove so NeNe and I could just cuddle in the passenger seat.He seems to be doing really well. We took the E-collar off of him before we put him to bed last night and he never touched his cast. He's walking around and jumping today which shocked the hell out of me.I am so thankfully and happy my little NeNe is okay. If I can't have a real baby right now, than NeNe is my surrogate baby.These are from today:Good news is he feels so much better. Bad news? Mommy is still a wreck because her baby is damaged.
This is a tale about a smart mouthed Boston girl, who swears more than her mother likes (minus her Rs of course) and a husband who has more patience for his wife than he should. She has a beer-logged devotion to the Red Sox and an arrest-able obsession with Stephen Lynch. The husband would rather play X-Box than eat.
Oh yeah, they are also trying to have a baby with needles, dildo cams and prayers along the way.
6 comments:
oh no! poor puppy!!!! look at his cute little cast though :)
i'm sorry- poor little guy. how long is the cast going to be on...?
<3
poor puppy.. glad he is ok..
He will be casted til Friday.
Awww poor baby :( I'm glad he's feeling better.
aw...poor thing. that's so scary too!
Hope he's still doing ok. I don't know how often you check this, but I'm tagging you too.
Love you baby.
Post a Comment