Friday, June 27, 2008

South Carolina - Part 1

Please allow me to preface this post with the fact I was staying with my 78 year old mom, and her 76 year old sister. Onto Addykins vaca... This was the first month with the CBEFM. I got 2 highs and then of course, the day before I was leaving on a jet plane...PEAK. C wasn't feeling well, I had to pack and we had to be up at 3:45am to get to the airport in time. So not much happened. We get up at 3:45am (well, C and my mom did. I had to pack so I didn't get to sleep. I woke up at 11 the morning before and was still up, getting shit done.) We had the day from fucking HELL. We leave Boston on time at 7:15am. We are scheduled to arrive in Philly at 8:57am. Our connecting to Charleston is at 9:30am. They tell us we are going to arrive early in Philly (Whoot!!) by about 15 minutes. But in Addykins world, what can go wrong will. We get to the Philly airport early just like the pilot said. Unfortunately, they wouldn't let us land and we circled the airport for almost a half an hour. We arrived at the far end of gate B and had to go all the way to the other end of gate C. We couldn't get one of those stupid carts and my poor mom doesn't walk that fast. We get to the gate and the plane isn't even THERE. Its 9:25am. So I freaked out and they tell me they boarded early and the close the doors 10 minutes before take off. Ok- fine with me. But why is the plane GONE 5 minutes early?? Stupid bitchy lady wouldn't give me an answer. She said everyone else from my flight was able to get there on time. All 6 of them. When I asked if any of them had their 80 year old mother with them, she just looked at me. So I asked her to see if there were any other flights on this airline or any other. She looks and says they have one at 1:50pm and thats the next flight out. Through the ENTIRE international fucking airport. So I asked her again, is she sure? Yes, and then she proceeds to start a conversation about her weekend with another US Airways person. So I tell her to book it. We have to go to Gate F to catch this flight and ohh Gate F is a shuttle gate. So I said, could she at least call a cart, my poor mother just walked 3 miles to get to this shithole gate. She calls. We wait and wait and wait. No cart. So we walked to the shuttle, hop on and it takes us to the other side of the planet. We get there and C talks to the people at the gate. Turns out there was a 10:30am flight to Charleston we could have gotten on that had 15 seats still available. The kicker? It was a US Airways flight! The stupid bitchy lady just wanted to make us sit there all fucking day! We have missed that flight by the time we get to the gate so we hunker down and wait. Of course the airport bars are not open yet...assholes. C sat on the floor and played his video game, I laid down with my head on his leg and passed out for 2 hours. 1:15 comes around and no plane. 1:30 = still no plane. A new lady comes over the PA and says the plane is not coming. (Oh welcome to hell.) They have a plane coming from La Guardia for us "estimated" time for 3:00pm. Then she comes on about 20 minutes later and says, its been delayed to 4:00ish because the plane hasn't left La Guardia yet. 20 minutes later, she comes back and says, "Everyone for this flight quickly go to the next gate (Gate F4-F5) There is a plane for us there." We all rush over and they tell us, to relax they aren't ready for us yet. Luckily we were able to get on that plane. All in all our flight which is roughly 2.5 hours took us 11 hours. We left Boston at 7:15am. We were supposed to arrive at 11:27am. In the end? We arrived in Charleston at just about 5:30pm. I will never fly through Philly again. Thanks for making a miserable start to my vacation. We get to Charleston and go to get our rental car. I booked a mid size and prepaid for it. Problem? We arrived 6 hours late. Fortunately, they had to upgrade us for free and instead of a Pontiac Grand Prix, we got a super cute 08' black Mercury Milan fully loaded with Sirius. The only highlight of our day. Part dos tba...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

OMG, you're not kidding that was a trip into hell. God I hate airports.