Monday, May 26, 2008

Can someone throw me a break?

I need to catch one. ASAYesterday.

I am super happy for all the KU nestie ladies. Yet on the other hand, it is hard to read. I feel left behind. Please ignore my ramblings, they are just my barren uterus talking. I know that someday it will happen for me. One way or another. Whatever it takes- I will MAKE it happen. I pray that God may one day decide that I am good enough to be trusted as someones Mommy.

I know this weighs on C. I know when we are at a restaurant and we look over at the baby sitting next to us. I know when I tell him so-and-so is pregnant. He hides it extremely well. I also know he does that for my benefit because I do the same for him. When I feel like breaking down and just losing it- I look at him and know I must keep it together for the both of us. I trust in my faith. I trust in God that we will be parents someday.

Crazier things have happened. I mean seriously- if the Red Sox can win a World Series after 86 years of disappointment than surely, I can have my baby after 3 years of trying.

I have an appointment with the insurance people tomorrow so hopefully I can get this whole mess cleared up. They keep sending me letters to submit paperwork that I have already submitted 3 times. Its getting a tad ridiculous.

On a good note- our bathroom is FINALLY coming together. Do you know what it is like to have NO facilities for 1.5 weeks? No tub, no shower, no sink, NO TOILET. Its been fab, let me tell you.

PROGRESS:
*Walls have been gutted
*Ceiling has been torn down
*Pipe for shower has been installed (That's right- nothing but BATHS for 3 years. What's it like to bathe standing up?)
*Wiring for new fan/light combo has been done
*Wiring for the vanity light has been completed
*Wiring for a plug is done (That's right folks- I have had NO plug in my bathroom for over 3 years)
*Sheetrock and plaster have been completed
*Textured plaster ceiling has been finished
*Floor has been tiled
*Walls have been painted

**Today we went to Lowe's. Or as I like to refer to it- Satan's asshole. 3 hours and 2.5 dollies later we finally left the store. Never take more than the necessary people with you to a home improvement store. They have ideas and suggestions that will do nothing but fuck you up and cause you and your husband to fight.

We were able to get...
*Vanity/Sink combo
*Fiberglass vinyl something-or-other for the shower walls
*Gang boxes (whatever that is)
*Medicine/Mirror cabinet
*Cabinet
*Plugs & Switches (The switch lights up at night. Its kinda bad ass.)
*Brushed nickel faucet, towel bar (which C still doesn't understand that we need. He cannot comprehend why we bought a bar that towels are going on he is not allowed to use.) hand towel bar, and toilet roll bar (Let me clue you in- brushed nickel is expensive. I have a nasty habit of buying and not realizing how much something cost until I get home and C freaks out. Its insane to pay $55.00 for a hand towel ring or $45.00 for something toilet paper goes on.) But all in all, they are very pretty and they won't show the water spots like chrome.

BIG REVELATION: Our NEW toilet was installed today! Hallelujah. We had to impose on our neighbor and my poor parents for toilet and shower usage. You take it for granted until you don't have a toilet- I hope you never have to experience this nightmare.

The walls to the shower will go up tomorrow and ::crosses finger:: the rest of the plumbing will be finished on Thursday. We just may have a full working bathroom by the weekend. YAY!!!!

I took pictures once it was half-gutted. I will take pics of the final product and post them here for you to feast your eyes on. :)

I also went to Linens N Things- I bought a whole set for the bathroom. Bath rugs should NOT cost $40.00. This is highway robbery.
This is the set I bought.
Isn't it purdy?? (BTW- C was BULLSHIT when he found out how much I spent. Then he looked at it and said, "Well I did tell you, you could decorate the bathroom however you wanted to. I guess they are nice and they sort of fit us." Thank goodness- crisis averted.

Alright y'll its time for me to stop boring you. If anyone even reads this thing. lol I wouldn't.

P.S. Guess who is going to the Sox vs. Rays game on June 4th? Who? Oh wait- ITS ME!!!!

"Every time you get up and get back in the race, one more small piece of you starts to fall into place." Stand- Rascal Flatts

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry Adkins that you are feeling so down. I know that I feel like shit after 1 year of trying and seeing so many others go on with successful pregnancies, people who started trying after we did. And you've been at it for 3 years. I hate that this is so hard for you, and for so many people. You are going to be amazing parents. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

hey! I saw your reply to last night's post. Thanks!

btw, I read this thing. I don't find it boring. (Although I almost choked on my cheerios when you said how much the towel bars cost. Matt-matt would kill me.)

I miss you too, hun.

May T said...

Sup ::head nods::
I'm on your team still, don't forget. Barrens are us! Like what!

Erin said...

I am also at the tail end of some bathroom renos, and I was SHOCKED at how much a towel bar costs... I am opted for the polished chrome!